amazingly wholesome banana oat muffins
Now I know that this is a pretty BIG statement but I actually think these might be the BEST lunchbox muffins there are! Yep these are AMAZING!! I would make a double batch of these nearly every fortnight (yep they freeze so well that you don’t have to make them fresh each week yippee!!)
So my kids are as fussy as hell, and I really struggle with filling the lunch box for kinder. And there is only so many sandwiches and watermelon you can give them, so I am always on the lookout for nutritious food, that also tastes good too.
Now I have to admit, I am a Pintrest addict, and are obsessed with pinning recipes that I would love one day to make. And this is where I found these little gems.
These muffins are absolutely DELICIOUS!! They freeze well so I usually make a double batch, they are super duper easy to make, and the kids LOVE them (and I might love them just a tad too)!!
And the best thing is they are made with only 5 ingredients, everything goes in the blender and they have no refined sugar and are naturally gluten free. Now how good is that!!
- 2 cups of oats
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- pinch of cinnamon and salt
- handful of dark chocolate chips (I highly recommend)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Grease a muffin tin.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add and gently mix in chocolate chips by hand if you are using them
- Pour batter into muffin tin (you should have enough for 10-12 standard size muffins or 22-24 small sized muffins).
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days or freeze.
This recipe was sourced from Pinch of Yum who has an awesome range of recipes just like this one so I would highly recommend you checking tit out!
To receive our Blog Posts, Exclusive Offers & $10 OFF your first purchase, join the Jack & Ollie Family below